SHREVEPORT, La. (Ark-La-Tex Weekend) - We asked and you answered. Here are the top five favorite candies the ArkLaTex wants to get for Halloween!
Halloween is one of the ArkLaTex’s favorite holidays, and one of the best parts is the treats. KSLA asked the community which candy is their favorite on Facebook.
Here’s what we learned.
ArkLaTex’s favorite Halloween candy:
5. KitKat - We aren’t surprised this one made the list. It’s one of my personal favorites. KitKat was founded in 1935, in London, UK, and was originally known as “Rowntree’s Chocolate Crisp”. It was renamed to KitKat Chocolate Crisp in 1937.
4. SNICKERS - This candy is many people’s favorite candy overall. The first SNICKERS bar was allegedly named after a horse in 1930, was manufactured in Chicago, and sold for only 5 cents. From 1967 - 1990, the SNICKERS was called the Marathon Bar in the UK.
3. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups - In the early 1920′s, H.B. Reese, an employee of the Hershey Company, started making candy in the basement of his home. Then in 1928, Reese’s became part of an assortment of candies, where it became one of the best-selling items.
4. Caramel apple pops - These bring back memories, Tootie’s Caramel Apple Pops were introduced in 1995. If you love caramel apples, this is the candy for you and apparently, it is the second most favorite Halloween candy of the ArkLaTex.
5. Candy Corn - Yes, this classic Halloween candy was the most mentioned candy! This treat has existed for more than 100 years. Legend has it that a Wunderlee Candy Company named George Renninger invented the treat in the 1880s. Goelitz Candy Company, now known as Jelly Belly Candy Company, started to produce candy corn near the turn of the century. For more interesting facts about candy corn, visit https://alwaysatreat.com/candy-moments/halloween-central/everything-candy-corn/.
Copyright 2023 KSLA. All rights reserved.